No of Visitors
With effect from 01 September 2010 VISA services of the Embassy of India are handled by VISA Processing Services located at:
UL. Rejtana 15, Flat 13 (7th
Floor) 02-516 Warsaw
Phone: 22 542 41 90 / 91
In an Emergency
Indian Nationals may call
+48 606 700 105
- Indo-Polish relations are longstanding and friendly. Poland and India seek to develop and upgrade their relationship. Thousands of Poles visit India every year for a firsthand encounter with the world’s largest democracy and its traditions, culture and civilization.
- Poland is already India's largest trading partner in Central Europe and India’s private sector considers Poland an investment destination.
- There are Mahatma Gandhi, Rabindranath Tagore, Jawaharlal Nehru and Indira Gandhi streets in Warsaw and Krakow. During World War II, the then Jam Sahib (Ruler) of Nawanagar (now Jamnagar) sheltered some 6,000 Polish women and children "released" from Siberia, They lived in India for six years in total freedom and dignity, establishing their own schools and businesses. This is the genesis of the World Association of Poles from India, with members in several countries. The Association organizes a Congress biennially, the last being in Poznan in August 2010.
- With diplomatic relations established in 1954, India opened its Embassy in 1957. During the Communist period, bilateral relations were close with regular high level visits, planned trade and economic interaction through state trading organisations underpinned by the rupee clearing arrangements, inter-governmental cooperation in defence and science and technology and cultural exchanges.Foreign Policy Priorities
- After emerging from the Eastern Block, Poland’s priorities understandably focussed on NATO and EU and friendship with the US.
- Important bilateral treaties and agreements include Promotion and Protection of Investments, Avoidance of Double Taxation, Cooperation in Science and Technology, Cultural Exchange Programmes and Economic Cooperation.
- June 1955: Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru
- October 1967: Prime Minister Indira Gandhi
- June 1970: President Varahagiri Venkata Giri
- June 1979: Prime Minister Morarji Desai
- November 1986: President Giani Zail Singh
- October 1996: President Shankar Dayal Sharma
- April 2009: President Pratibha Devisingh Patil
- 1957: Prime Minister Jozef Cyrankiewicz
- January 1973: Prime Minister Piotr Jaroszewicz
- 1977: First Secretary of PUWP Edward Gierek
- February 1985: First Secretary of PUWP Gen. Wojciech Witold Jaruzelski
- March 1994: President Lech Walesa
- January 1998: President Aleksander Kwasniewski
- March 1999: President Aleksander Kwasniewski (transit)
- February 2003: Prime Minister Leszek Miller
- February 2004: President Aleksander Kwasniewski (transit)
- September 2010: Prime Minister Donald Tusk
- June 2011: Minister of Coal Shri Sriprakash Jaiswal visited Poland
- July 2011: Foreign Minister of Poland Mr. Radoslaw Sikorski visited India